Picture taken from the southwest on the main line CPR tracks. By 1912 the plant was the second largest Brick plant in North America employing 325 men. Workers accomplished the amazing feat of building the plant by making bricks from the clay they dug to make the foundations. And making the kilns using fireclay they discovered at a deposit only a few kilometers away. The company made pipe for sewer lines by extruding soft clay as a cylinder, using a floating head in the die of the pugmill. They sealed it as water-tight by salt glazing it in giant down draft kilns. Plainsman Clays is now located on a corner of the former ACP property.
Copyright rongetty.com, All Rights Reserved
Login - 188.8.131.52